Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Making Pizza (Warning : Not As Easy As It Seems)

So, last Saturday I decided to make pizza. The idea came from Tomoko, my neighbor who likes to bake all kinds of cake and pastry. So I searched the internet and found this pizza dough recipe and this pizza recipe. After reading the steps over and over again, I thought, "ok, this is gonna be a piece of cake".

So, i went to the shop to buy the ingredients. This is what I bought for my pizza recipe :

  1. Wheat Flour
  2. Instan yeast
  3. Ketchup (tomato sauce)
  4. Sugar and salt
  5. Sausages
  6. Canned Mushrooms
  7. Greenbell Peppers
  8. Ground beef
  9. Onions
  10. Chedder cheese (prefer mozzarella, but theres none in Prabu..*cry*)
  11. Garlic
  12. Olive Oil
Kia Helping Me With The Dough :D
The first step was making the dough. It's a little hard to determine when the dough was ready, coz it always seemed too sticky, no matter how much flour I added. Well, at the end, it turned out like this.. (after an hour, it rose up) :


The Pizza Dough After It Rose Up

Meanwhile waiting for the dough to rise up, i prepared the toppings. First of all, I prepared the ground beef, here's what i did :
  1. Cut the onions into small bits, and also chopped the garlic.
  2. Sautee the onions first with a little bit of olive oil then toss in the garlic. Stir until both are caramelized and turn brownish gold.
  3. Then add the ground beef, continue stirring until the beef is cooked and all the juices come out. You can add a little bit of water to prevent from burning.
  4. Then last but not list season it with salt and black pepper.
Besides the ground beef, all the other toppings i just cut into smaller pieces. Here's a look at my toppings :

The Toppings

After and hour, my dough has risen, so it was a sign that it was ready. So I took about a half of the dough, then started to spread it out on a plate, put on the toppings, and tad a! This is what it looks like..:)

Right Before Tossing it In The Microwave
Daddy Making His Own Pizza


Yup, so i thought so far so good, everything is right on track, now's the time to bake the pizza..yay!

Pizza Baking in the Microwave, smelling yum yum!

The problem is, I don't have an oven, but I do have a microwave. So I thought, "what's the difference?". Despite of what hubby said that it won't work, me being stubborn as I am, still continued the process, and cooked the pizza in the microwave. When it cooked, the aroma was so delicious I was so confident with my pizza.. And this is how it turned out :

My So Called Pizza..:D *still yummy though!*

What?!! The toppings were all burnt, but the pizza dough wasn't  cooked enough. No no no!! Argh.. How could this be??! So, I went too check the internet again, searched for "Cooking Pizza With A Microwave". Turns out that hubby was right, you can't cook pizza with a microwave, unless you want your pizza dough too turn out all gooey... hhmm..

Oh well, at least I got a lesson learnt.. And the pizza actually tastes good too.. LOL..*self defense*

Next Project : Making Tiramisu Cake
Must Have List : Oven, mixer, measuring scale

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha cubaan yg bagus

Unknown said...

Haii Aycu.. How ya doin? :D

aDisHa ^.^ said...

hhmm.. yummy tuh sepertinya, ntar kalo dah di jkt bikin lagi ya Mommy Kia :)

Mac said...

I really like the pizza which my momma make it at home.The taste of this pizza is really very yummy. Sometimes I like just cheese. Sometimes I like onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc veggies. I always tell here to make it once in a week.The above pictures of pizza are really good.



Toronto franchise opportunities