Tuesday, January 10, 2012

THE BIRTH OF TAZKIA AISHA PRADYTA 11.11.10 (part 1-preparation)


I'd like to share my experience of giving birth for all you mommies and mommies to be..:D

After about 8 months carrying Kia everywhere with me in my belly, it was time to get ready for her birth. My first plan was to take a leave only a couple days before my due so that i could have more time with the baby, but unfortunately at 32 weeks i had a contraction which led to me being hospitalized for 4 days. So my doctor said that I shouldn't take any risk, and take an early leave so I could bed rest at home.

Sooo.. for me being lazy and all, all I did was just sleep, watch tv, cook, waiting for my dear hubby to come home from work. Mom always called to check on me and insisted me to start packing for the birth, but then again i was to lazy to start..haha..

In the end, i did finally start packing, and these are the birth preparations i made :

For my newborn baby :
  1. Baby clothes (incl. socks, baby gloves, hats)
  2. Bedongan (i don't know what its called in english, i'll check on that later)
  3. Baby blankets
  4. Baby toiletries (shampoo, soap, cologne, eucalyptus oil, lotion, hair lotion, no need of baby powder, its not good for your baby's lungs)
  5. Cloth diapers
  6. Diapers
  7. Wet tissues
  8. Baby towel
  9. Baby lampin

For me :
  1. Change of clothes (preferably shirts with buttons on the front)
  2. Toiletries
  3. Underwear
  4. Towel
  5. Gurita (some kind of corset to make my flabby belly flat again)
  6. Sarong
  7. Breastpump for pumping breastmilk
  8. Menstrual pads (buy the ones for after giving birth)
  9. Make-up (a must! coz u'll be receiving guests and you wouldn't want to look like a train wreck-trust me)
  10. Hairbrush
  11. Phone charger
  12. Copy of ID, Marriage certificate for making a birth certificate at the hospital
All these are packed in one big suitcase, so in case of an emergency birth, all i need is to take away this suitcase..:).

The packing actually took a few minutes, so after packing, the wait continued..haha..











0 comments: