Friday, September 04, 2009

EARTHQUAKE!!

The second day i arrived in Jakarta, i was 'welcomed' by an earthquake!! Jakarta was hit by an earthquake, which was centralized in Tasikmalaya, 7,6SR. It was told that about 40 people died in Tasik because of this quake & alot more were injured. My deepest condolesense for the quakes victims & their families.

Here's my story..

It all started when my friends & i were getting ready to go home from the office..(it was about 2.50pm), when suddenly i felt a slight vibration, below me.. than the building started to shake.. At first we were just laughing and walked slowly towards the emergency stairs, but then started to panic when the shaking became stronger & we were stuck in the stairways with everybody in the building..

But finally, after climbing down 15 stories (with my highheels on!!) we finally reached the ground floor and went outside to the muster point. There really wasnt any muster point, so we just tried to find our other fellow officemates. Fortunately everyone was safe, except Mr. Faried who decided not to go down (dont know the reason why though). That was when we realized that we didn't bring our bags with us. I only got to bring my iPhone, without my wallet & pretty much the same with my friends.. so we had to wait til the situation was safe enough to go back to get our belongings..

After waiting for about half an hour we were allowed to enter the building again, but my friends and i didnt dare to go, so we asked our friends who went to fetch our bags. We finally got our bags and headed home..

But that was only half my story that day.. Here's the other half..

So I went home at about 4.30pm, riding the metromini again but unfortunately every metro was so crowded! But because i wanted to get back home in time for fast breaking, i decided to ride that crowded metro.. when we were @ gatsu, i suddenly felt dizzy, nauseaus, & started to sweat heavily. i realized that i was starting to faint (coz i've fainted a lot of times, i know the symptoms..hehe), i started to panic coz there wasnt any room for me to sit down or squat (i was standing up the whole time). so when we reached kuningan, i decided to get off. so i got off, & really started to faint.. there was like a cold breeze coming towards me (even though the sun was extremely hot that day) i couldnt think at all & remembered that i just sat there, in the side of the road..(hahaha, must be a very pathetic site of me!)

dont really remember how long i sat there, but than my vision became normal again. a slight dilemma than came over me, if i ride the metro again, i'd probably faint again, if i fetch a taxi who knows what time i'll get home? the traffic was crazy! (& of course the argo would be as high as hell).. if i walked, it was still a long way home.. i finally decided that i'd walk, hoping that i could find an 'ojek' on the way.. so i started walking.. 10 metres..no ojek.. 20 metres.. still no ojek.. 30 metres.. god, where are all the ojek's?? i half heartedly continued to walk.. and walk.. and walk.. until i realized that i was in front of my aunt's gate. what? i walked that far??!!! pheeww!! it was all worth it when i came home, just in time for breaking, with a big glass of ice coconut water.. thank you Allah for giving me the strength for that day.. Alhamdulillah.. =)!

0 comments: